Wentz ready to go for OTAs

Andrew Porter
May 20, 2019 - 1:32 pm
Categories: 

Good news! Carson Wentz seems to be fine. 

Related: Eagles have best WRs in the NFL

According to Ian Rapoport, Wentz is "progressing well" and has "no limitations" for OTAs, which will begin tomorrow. 

Doug Pederson confirmed the report on Tuesday

"His involvement, not going to get too specific and detail too much," Pederson said of Wentz on May 10th. "He's been working. I'm encouraged by his progress and where he's at and just looking forward to the next few weeks with him."

Wentz, 26, is recovering from a back injury that forced him to miss his second straight postseason. 

Eagles executive Howie Roseman has complete confidence in Wentz, so much so that he admitted publicly earlier this week on 94WIP that the Eagles are planning on signing the franchise quarterback to a long-term deal. 

"This is something that we are planning to do and if the deal is right for us, and the deal is right for Carson, we wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on that," Roseman told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show on Tuesday. "That's just the amount of confidence we have and we want to build this team knowing kind of what that piece is in place and go forward.